Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against the harsh weather, so it’s important to keep it in great condition. One of the best ways to do this is to practice preventive maintenance. Asking a qualified company like A&A Services to inspect your roof regularly will extend its lifespan and prevent costly water damage. Here’s a brief overview of some of the things we look out for during inspections.
● Cracked Caulk or Rusted Spots on Flashing – Your flashing protects your Salem roofing system’s vulnerable areas, and this particular problem increases the risk of water infiltration. Once we see this sign, we will make sure to repair this area.
● Shingles That Are Curling, Blistering or Buckling – This means your shingles are nearing the end of their service life. While our regular maintenance will protect your roof in the short-term, we recommend replacing your shingles as soon as possible.
● Missing Or Broken Shingles – This can be because of strong winds or falling objects. We’ll replace these shingles to prevent water from damaging your underlayment and rotting the deck beneath.
● Cracked and Worn Rubber Boots Around Vent Pipes – This is similar to damaged flashing. The areas around your vent pipes are a prime spot for water to get in and form leaks. As an expert roofer in Salem, we’ll quickly spot this problem and prevent it from getting worse.
● Masses of Moss And Lichen – This is different from cosmetic algae stains because this could indicate that your roof is decaying underneath your shingles. We’ll remove these masses and perform a thorough inspection of your roofing system to catch any leaks that might have developed.
● Shingle Granules In Your Gutters –This is a sign that your shingles are getting too old. These granules protect your shingles from long term exposure to the sun. Without the granules, the heat will damage your shingles and they can no longer protect your home from the weather.
With active maintenance, your roof will protect you and look beautiful for years to come. A&A Services has been regularly maintaining, repairing, and installing roofs since 1982. We’re highly experienced and confident in our craftsmanship, which is why we offer a 100% guarantee on our work.
We’ve won the Angie’s List Super Service Award several times for the quality of our service and we’ve earned certifications from top manufacturers. Give us a call to learn more about roof maintenance or to get a free estimate.